Friday, January 26, 2018

Blog 4: Arts Administration as Resistance


Taken by Esther Woo

Arts administration is a type of resistance since it empowers artist and activist. By providing resources for many local artists, collaboration and networking occurs which allows it to be a form of resistance. Through events, the artists are able to express themselves and their opinions through various mediums. Not only are they able to bring in social and political ideas but it also educates the public.

If I were to get involved in arts administration, I would like to help with event planning and fundraising. I enjoy the art of event planning especially when it involves food! I would be able to seek out artists and network while also doing something I enjoy. I would also be able to help other artists make a name for themselves. In addition, I would be great at utilizing social media to help with publicity and fundraising.

As an artist, it is important to learn about arts administration since they provide many resources for artists. From venues to funding, they provide numerous resources so that artists can continue to do what they are most passionate about. It is important to know about all the resources available to artists not only for yourself but also so you can help other aspiring artists.

Arts administration can support my resistance work by providing me with venues and events where I am able to network and display my photographs. It would also help with collaboration which would allow me to work with other artists in order to have a multimedia showcase. I would also be able to keep a dialogue with my photographs by utilizing social media after each event.

No comments:

Post a Comment